If you ever feel like eating tacos or fajitas but don’t feel like eating the corn or wheat tortillas, then here is a healthy alternative! I essentially turned my normal fajitas into a delicious salad! I used my creamy cilantro and avocado oil dressing for this recipe!
Fajitas Salad with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 portobellow mushroom
- 1 avocado
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups lettuce
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup creamy cilantro dressing
- Add all of the taco seasoning in a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- Slice the onion, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Add some oil to a large frypan. Fry the onions and peppers until tender. Add the mushroom slices. Add half of the taco seasoning and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook until the sauce has mostly evaporated. Put aside.
- Rub the remaining taco seasoning over the chicken breast. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken breast and cook on both sides until golden brown. Add 1/2 cup of water and let evaporate until the chicken breast are fully cooked on both sides.
- Cut the tomatoes, avocado, salad, and chicken breast.
- In a large plate or bowl, add the cut lettuce. Place the chicken, peppers, tomatoes, avocado over the lettuce. Pour the cilantro and avocado dressing over the salad.