As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
American Thanksgiving is finally coming up this week so I thought of uploading a recipe for leftover turkey breast meat from my Keto Thanksgiving Turkey recipe! You will probably have lots of turkey meat left, especially if you live by yourself like me. I had so much meat left so I froze most of it, but before that I did make a couple of recipes with it! I really felt like making nachos so I opted for a Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash instead!
Taco seasoned anything is always guaranteed to taste amazing, but store bought taco seasoning can be full of sugar, additives and starches so I like to make my own. This way, I can control the carb count and know exactly what goes in it! I absolutely love making dishes with my Paleo Taco Seasoning, you just add it to any veggies or meat with a bit of water and you have an amazing meal! With dairy or not, this recipe is guaranteed to be full of flavour! I was thinking of making this a dairy recipe with sour cream and cheese or something, but after tasting it it honestly didn't need any. Moreover, this was ridiculously filling!! My spaghetti wasn't too big, about 1kg, and I originally thought it would make 4 servings but after eating a third of it, I was completely stuffed.
I really miss eating spaghetti squashes. They can be pretty hard to find and quite pricey to buy when you do find them. They only come on sale in fall at specialty stores around Tokyo and cost about 6-10$ per squash!! I currently have three more squash so I'll have to think about more recipes for them! I also have an Italian meatball recipe on the blog that I served over a spaghetti squash which is pretty amazing!! This tasty spaghetti squash recipe is also pretty great as it's baked with lots of delicious spices.
Paleo Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash (1.2kg)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 300g/10.58oz leftover cooked turkey breast (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- ½ onion (75g/2.64oz)
- ½ red pepper (75g/2.64oz)
- ½ yellow pepper (75g/2.64oz)
- 3 mushrooms (90g/3.17oz)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato
- ½ avocado
- 30g/1oz cilantro
- 18 kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Slice the spaghetti in half. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Drizzle the olive oil over the spaghetti squash and sprinkle the salt and pepper all over. Place over an oven tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Take out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before using a fork and scooping the spaghetti off its shell.
- Slice the onion, peppers and mushrooms. Mince the garlic. Shred the turkey breast. Dice the tomato and avocado. Chop the cilantro.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and onions. Cook for a minute and add the peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes until wilted. Add the mushrooms, shredded turkey, taco spice and water. Cook another minute or two until the water has simmered down. Turn off the heat.
- Add the taco meat over both halves of the spaghetti squash, top with the tomatoes, avocado, olives and cilantro!
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.