Last updated on August 2nd, 2017 at 06:06 am
It’s labour day weekend, meaning you’ll need some party food for the whole family! Why use corn tortilla chips when you could use some hearty cauliflower! Paleo recipes usually call for plantain chips or sweet potato chips, but those contain a lot of carbs so I decided to make some loaded Paleo Cauliflower Nachos instead! These were perfect last night as my boyfriend came home late at night and was really hungry! He devoured them in an instant and absolutely loved the avocado sauce! He didn’t even notice they were dairy-free as the toppings perfectly balanced each other. I love making food for non-paleo/low-carb people to see that they love eating my food! It makes me so happy.
The first time I saw cauliflower tortillas was on one of those recipe videos on Facebook and it gave me the idea to make these! This recipe features a simple tomato salsa, taco beef and a creamy avocado sauce. I used some of my paleo taco seasoning to season the cauliflower and beef.
Loaded Paleo Cauliflower Nachos
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 10 leaves basil or 2-3 cilantro stems
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 stalk green onion
- Preheat the oven to 210C/410F.
- Remove the cauliflower stem and separate the cauliflower into individual florets. Slice each floret in 2 or 3 slices and place in a bowl. Drizzle the 2 tbsp of olive oil and the 2 tbsp taco seasoning over the cauliflower slices and toss well. Place on a baking tray over some parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven.
- Dice the tomatoes, red onion and mince the basil and green onion stalk. Combine in a bowl with the salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Dice the yellow pepper. In a frying pan, heat the 1 tsp of olive oil and add the diced pepper. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes and add the ground beef. Sprinkle in the 1 tsp of taco seasoning, mix well and cook until the meat is cooked through. Set aside.
- Peel the avocado, mince the garlic clove and slice the green onion stalk. Combine all of the ingredients for the avocado sauce in a food processor and process until smooth.
- On a large serving plate, place the cauliflower and top with the tomato salsa, taco meat and black olives. I added my avocado sauce to a squirting bottle and squirted it over the entire nachos. Serve and enjoy!