I first heard of the “egg diet” when a friend of mine mentioned she would be doing it for a couple of weeks a few months ago. I decided to research it a bit more and found out that it was a great diet if you wanted to lose weight or if you were stuck in a plateau and your weight hadn’t been moving for a while. This egg fast only works on people who have been doing a low carb high fat diet for a few months and have been stuck for a while. If you’re not fat adapted and haven’t been eating low carb, then this diet will not work on you. On this diet, you can only consume eggs, butter, mayo and cheese. Every egg you eat needs to be accompanied with 1 tbsp of butter or mayo. You’re allowed to eat cheese, but only up to 4oz/120g per day. Since there aren’t many recipes out there that only use eggs and a fat, I thought I’d make some of my own recipes that I have been working on for this mini cookbook. This cookbook is entirely free and I hope it can help you as coming up with egg-only recipes can be quite a challenge!
This mini cookbook includes:
- a picture for every recipe
- detailed instructions and exact measurements to make the recipes
- nutritional information for every recipe
- 11 egg fast recipes and 5 transition recipes
- recipes are between 87-729 calories and 0.19g-3.72g net carbs
- a contact/follow page with all of my information
- a notes and rules page with detailed information about this diet and the recipes that I introduce
There are a couple of recipes that are already on my blog and I have left a link linking back to their original post, but every other recipes are entirely new. I’ll be making more meal plans and cookbooks in the future and am very excited to release this Egg Fast mini cookbook with all of you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I loved to make it and eat it!!