As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
These delicious Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets are entirely grain-free, pork-free and dairy-free. Perfect for a Low Carb, Keto and Paleo diet!
Making the BEST Low Carb Fried Chicken with Egg White Powder
Can you tell I've been obsessed with keto fried chicken lately? Ever since I figured out you could coat ingredients with [easyazon_link identifier="B0013OXDBU" locale="US" tag="mypcoskitchen-20"]egg white powder[/easyazon_link], I've been deep-frying so many dishes!
It's just like whey protein powder, but it's dairy-free and tastes the exact same! I decided to upload a recipe for gluten free chicken nuggets because my coworker was eating some from McDonald's the other day and I was craving some badly!
I decided to stick with the egg white powder because I actually much prefer it than the whey protein! You can check out my original recipe with the egg white powder in my Keto Paleo Fried Chicken for Japanese Karaage!
Note that this recipe does not work well with an air fryer. Instead you should try these air fryer keto chicken nuggets. You really do need to add the egg white powder in hot oil for it to "activate" and act like flour. When air fried, it just becomes really rough and not flaky or crispy at all.
I recently finished a Free Keto Paleo Recipes E-Book that I made for the blog for those who want to subscribe to my blog. In this recipe book, I have a recipe for fried fish sticks using egg white powder too! It's so versatile you can use it for any dishes.
As for the gluten free chicken nuggets, you can dip them in your favourite dipping sauce. I used some sugar-free ketchup and some homemade "honey mustard" which was [easyazon_link identifier="B072P5SQMN" locale="US" tag="mypcoskitchen-20"]Lakanto Syrup[/easyazon_link] with some dijon mustard and grain mustard. If you want it to be a tad more sweeter, you can also add a bit of [easyazon_link identifier="B005F9XFN0" locale="US" tag="mypcoskitchen-20"]stevia[/easyazon_link], like 1/32 tsp or so.
Different ways to make Keto Fried Chicken
If you're not dairy-free and don't have egg white powder, you can use [easyazon_link identifier="B00KYKLQ0O" locale="US" tag="mypcoskitchen-20"]whey protein powder[/easyazon_link] to coat. My original recipe for Keto Fried Chicken used that and I've also uploaded a recipe for Keto Fried Calamari that also used whey protein powder to coat instead of flour or starch.
Seriously guys, you have to try making fried things with either of those "flours"!! They are the BEST thing out there for a low carb diet!
Other alternatives in case you don't want to use egg white protein or whey protein can be either almond flour, crushed pork rinds, coconut shreds or parmesan cheese. These choices all work to coat things and deep-fry, but they are definitely not the same as protein powder. Now that you know now to make chicken nuggets, you can make these bad boys any time of the week!
For baby and toddler meals, I suggest serving these keto chicken nuggets with some of my keto cauliflower au gratin for a great balanced meal!
Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
- 45 g (1.59 oz) egg white powder (around ⅜ cup)
- 2 (2 ) eggs (for coating)
- oil for frying (I used lard)
- oil for hands (I used olive oil)
- Add the lard to a pot and heat to 130-140C/266-284F.
- Dice the chicken breasts and add to a food processor. Add all of the other ingredients for the nuggets and process until it becomes smooth ground chicken.
- Put a piece of parchment paper over a cutting board or frying pan. Oil your hands with some olive oil. Take about a tbsp of the ground chicken mix with your hands and make a nugget form. Any form you like is okay and then place them on the parchment paper. Repeat until you have made a bunch of chicken nuggets. I made about 40 nuggets.
- Add the eggs in a small bowl and mix with a fork. Add the egg white powder to another bowl.
- Take each chicken nugget and dip in the egg with a fork. Make sure all sides are coated with the eggs.
- After the chicken nugget is coated in eggs, transfer the nugget to the bowl with the egg white powder and coat on all sides. Once coated, put it in the hot oil to fry.
- Fry in batches for 1-2 minutes or until the inner temperature inserted inside the chicken nuggets registers at 65C/149F or higher. Remove the chicken from the hot oil and onto a tray or paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce!
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO (must disable adblocker)
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.