Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread Recipe
Easy garlic bread with cheese made with almond flour, coconut flour and psyllium hus powder. Quick and delicious, you'll love this low carb recipe for cheesy garlic bread.
Servings 12 servings
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated (or any other type of cheese)
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
In a large bowl, add all of the garlic bread ingredients except the eggs and boiling water. Mix well with a whisk. Add the eggs into the flour mixture and mix as best as you can with a silicone spatula.
Pour in the boiling water, a little at a time, into the dough and start mixing with your spatula. Once all of the water has been poured in, start kneading the dough with your hand until a big ball forms.
Separate the dough into 4 portions ( I find it easier to roll out the dough if it's smaller).Place one dough on top of a piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Roll out to desired thickness. I personally rolled mine out to 20x15cm/7.8x6".Transfer the rolled out dough to a baking tray on top of some parchment paper.Repeat with the leftover dough. Place the rolled out dough into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.Once baked, take out of the oven and brush a generous amount of garlic butter all over each garlic bread. Top with the 1 cup(120g) of mozzarella cheese.
Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes depending on how you like your mozzarella, crispy or melty.
Serve immediately! It's best served hot while the cheese is still melty!
- You cannot leave out the psyllium in this recipe.
- Make sure to use room temperature butter for the garlic butter as you won't be able to mix it with cold butter.
- Make sure to use psyllium husk powder and not whole husks.
- Make sure to add boiling water and not cold water. Cold water won't activate the psyllium and it won't really work out.
- Feel free to use any type of cheese that you like.
- Make sure to use parchment paper and not wax paper or aluminum foil. The dough WILL STICK to those.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.53g | Protein: 9.04g | Fat: 15.62g | Saturated Fat: 6.94g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.47g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.73g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 1.7g | NET CARBS: 3.23g