Low Carb Keto Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
This healthy chocolate zucchini cake recipe features the best moist gluten free cake you'll ever make! No sugar is needed to make this keto and paleo friendly chocolate cake and you can make it in any type of mould you want like a bundt!
Servings 10 slices
- 1 large zucchini (370g/13oz)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil melted (OR butter, ghee, lard, shortening)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any other nut milk or cow milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, white vinegar
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
Using a cheese grater, shred your zucchini. Place the shredded zucchini in a cheese cloth or a strong clean kitchen towel and squeeze all of the water out.For reference, I started with 370g/13oz of zucchini and ended up with 290g/10oz of zucchini.
Add the shredded zucchini to a large bowl and all of the wet ingredients to it. Mix evenly.
In another large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula. The batter shouldn't be too thick, not should it be pourable. It should be perfectly spoonable.
Oil a 9"/23cm bundt cake mold (I used a silicone one) and pour the batter into it. Spread evenly.Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean. If not, bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven and let completely cool.
In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Put it in the microwave and melt on 20 seconds interval 2-3 times and mix between each time. Microwave the chocolate until all is melted.
Remove the cake from the mold and put on your dish of choice.
Pour the chocolate sauce all over it. Garnish with whatever you want! I used chopped pistachios, but you could use any type of other nut, dried fruits, chocolate chips, dried rose petals and so on!
Note1: Sweetener Options
- Instead of coconut oil, you can use butter, lard, or ghee.
- Instead of sukrin, you can use Lakanto, or a blend of erythritol and stevia powder or erythritol and monk fruit powder.
- Instead of apple cider vinegar, you can use lemon juice or white vinegar.
- Instead of almond milk, you can use any other type of nut milk or cow milk.
- Instead of almond flour, you can use any type of other nut flour. (I have not tested nut-free versions of this cake yet)
- Make sure to use refined coconut oil and not extra-virgin coconut oil. The refined one has no coconut taste.
- Make sure to squeeze the water out of your zucchini before adding it to the cake.
- Make sure to oil the cake mold or else it will stick.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.86g | Protein: 8.72g | Fat: 23.36g | Saturated Fat: 8.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.41g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.06g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 7.5g | Sugar: 1.52g | NET CARBS: 5.96g | SUGAR ALCOHOLS: 2.4g