Low Carb Paleo Almond Flour Biscuits
With less than 5 minutes of prep time and healthy ingredients, you'll want to eat these dairy free biscuits every day of the week!
Servings 6 biscuits
- 200 g blanched almond flour (1 ¾ US cup) or any other type of nut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp chives
- 120 ml coconut cream from a chilled coconut milk can in the fridge
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil (melted) or avocado oil, lard, beef tallow, shortening
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, white vinegar
- 3 medium eggs
- 45 ml unsweetened almond milk or any other milk
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.In a separate large bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula. The batter shouldn't be liquid and pourable. It should be thick and be spoonable.
Oil a non-stick biscuits baking pan.
Spoon the batter equally into 6 holes. Depending on the type of baking pan you use, you may be able to make more than 6 biscuits.Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. A chopstick inserted in the middle of the biscuits should come out clean. If not, bake for an extra 5 minutes.Take out of the oven and let cool completely before taking them out of the baking pan.
- Instead of coconut oil, you can use avocado oil, extra virgin coconut oil, shortening, lard or beef tallow. For a dairy version, you can use butter or ghee.
- Make sure to use coconut cream without any liquid whatsoever. You just want the thick part of the can.
- Make sure to use melted coconut oil as you won't be able to mix it in the batter when it's in its solidified form.
- Instead of apple cider vinegar, you can use lemon juice or white vinegar.
- Instead of almond flour, you can substitute for any other nut flours.
- For a dairy version, you can use sour cream instead of coconut cream and butter instead of coconut oil.
Serving: 1biscuit | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.52g | Protein: 10.31g | Fat: 27.95g | Saturated Fat: 9.74g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.48g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.19g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 3.9g | Sugar: 1.72g | NET CARBS: 4.62g