Keto Gluten Free Pigs in a Blanket
These low carb pigs in a blanket are made with coconut flour, almond flour and psyllium husk powder. These are totally dairy free and do not use the fathead dough!
Servings 12 pigs in a blanket
- 12 medium sausages
- 4 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 tbsp water for egg wash
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
Add the 3 eggs to the bowl and mix with a spatula. The dough will be a little hard to mix so use some muscle!Pour in the boiling water in 4 steps and mix between each pour. You'll notice the psyllium and coconut flour absorb the water as your pour it in.Mix the dough with your spatula until all of the water has been added. Once added, start kneading the dough with your hands until a big ball is formed.
Separate the dough into 12 equal balls.
Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the table, put 1 ball in the middle and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Press the ball with the palm of you hand just to flatten it a bit, and then using a rolling pin, roll it out to about 15cm/6" long and 10cm/4" wide (preferable a tad bigger than your sausage size).
Place the sausage on the rolled out dough, and roll it up into a roll. The sausage should be completely covered but the tip and end should be seen.Repeat with the remaining dough and sausages. Transfer the pigs in a blanket onto a baking tray. In a small bowl, mix the 1 egg with the 1 tbsp of water together. This is the egg wash. Brush it on top of all the pigs in a blanket.Sprinkle the everything but the bagel seasoning on top.
Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. The dough is softer at 25 minutes and crisper at 30 minutes.
Take out of the oven and enjoy with your favorite low carb dipping sauces!
- This recipe will NOT work without the psyllium husk powder.
- Make sure to use psyllium husk powder and not whole husks. If you only have whole husks, make sure to grind them in a coffee grinder to turn into a powder before using.
- You can stuff these with any kind of sausage, ground meat, cheese, or vegetables. You're not limited to only sausages.
- Make sure to roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or else the dough will stick to your rolling pin or table.
- Make sure to use boiling water and not warm water. The psyllium activates better with boiling water.
- Instead of the everything but bagel seasoning, you can use any type of seasoning you like.
Serving: 1pig in a blanket | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.23g | Protein: 10.33g | Fat: 14.38g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 517mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 1.57g | NET CARBS: 3.13g