Easy Low Carb Keto Buns with Almond Flour
Need a dinner roll, sandwich bun, burger bun or toast for breakfast? These keto buns are the perfect rolls for you! Soft and fluffy, they're super easy and delicious to make. Just mix and bake and you'll have yourself some delicious bread ready in no time!
Servings 5 buns
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a whisk. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula.
Slowly pour in the boiling water and continue mixing. The dough will thicken up as time passes by (about 1 minute).
Separate the dough into 5 and form 5 balls with your hands (the batter is pretty sticky). You can spray some olive oil on your hands to make the dough not stick to you. Just roll the dough onto the palm of your hands to achieve perfect little balls.
Place the balls over a parchment paper on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. Take out and let cool before serving or you'll burn your fingers! These come out piping hot!
Other Flavor Variations
Base Recipe: 1 cup (120g) almond flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 3 tbsp refined coconut oil and 3 tbsp boiling water.
- You cannot substitute the psyllium husk powder.
- Please don't leave out the boiling water. You need it to activate the psyllium.
- Make sure to use REFINED coconut oil and not the normal extra-virgin kind as you'll get a huge coconut taste.
- If you double the recipe, you may need to add 1-2 tbsp of hot water to the batter.
- All of our ovens are different, so if you find yours to be too moist, just add 5 more minutes in the oven, or cook them at 190C/375F instead for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp white sesame seeds, 1 tsp black sesame seeds, 1 tsp chia seeds, 2 tsp sunflower seeds, 2 tsp pumpkin seeds, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp garlic powder.
- Cheddar Rosemary
- Add ½ cup (60g) cheddar, 1 tsp rosemary, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp roasted garlic and onion.
- Add ½ tsp roasted garlic and onion and ½ tsp salt. Dip each low carb roll into sesame seeds. These could also be used as keto hamburger buns. Just use 2 tbsp of water for this recipe.
- Cinnamon Roll
- Add 2 tbsp keto sweetener, ½ tsp cinnamon and ¼ tsp stevia powder. Stuff each bun with 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- Maple Walnut
- Add 2 tbsp (20g) chopped walnuts, ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp stevia powder and 1 tsp maple flavoring.
- Everything but the Bagel
- Add 1 tbsp of everything but the bagel seasoning and stuff each bun with 2 tbsp cream cheese. Dip in everything bagel seasoning.
- Add 15 chopped olives, 1 tsp rosemary, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp roasted garlic and onion. Use olive oil instead of coconut oil.
- Azuki Beans
- Make this bread Japanese by stuffing each bread with 2 tablespoons of ketofied Japanese sweetened red beans. Add 2 tbsp erythritol and ¼ tsp of stevia powder in the batter.
Serving: 1bun | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.34g | Protein: 7.53g | Fat: 20.81g | Saturated Fat: 8.37g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 41mg | Fiber: 5.34g | Sugar: 0.96g | NET CARBS: 3g