Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
These low carb chocolate chip cookies are easy to make and they're the best keto cookie recipe you'll ever make! Super soft and chewy, these low carb cookies are sweetened with allulose!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 17 minutes
Total Time 32 minutes
Servings 16 cookies
Ice Cream Scoop
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature *see note 1 for substitution
- 1/4 cup Sukrin Gold *see note 2 for crispy cookies (not chewy ones)
- 1/4 cup Allulose *see note 2 for crispy cookies (not chewy ones)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 medium egg room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour *see note 3 for substitution
- 1 Lily's Chocolate Bar
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
Chop the lily's chocolate bar into small pieces. Half will go into the cookie batter and the other half will go on top of each cookie.In a large bowl, add the room temperature butter with the Sukrin and Allulose. Mix with a hand mixer until creamy, about 30-40 seconds.
Add the baking powder, xanthan gum, vanilla and mix again. Add the egg and mix again.
Add the almond flour to the bowl and mix well with the hand mixer. The batter will be a little thick. Add half the chopped chocolate bar and mix again.
With an ice cream scoop, make 16 balls and transfer to the baking trays. About 8 cookies per tray and make sure that each cookie has space in between to expand.
Flatten each ball with the palm of your hands and use your fingers to round the edges of each cookie perfectly, that way they expand nice and even. Add a few pieces of the last half of the chopped chocolate bar on top of each cookie.
Place the cookies in the oven and bake 15-17 minutes. Try not to cook longer than 17-18 minutes as the cookies will start to burn. ***If you use Lakanto Gold or all Sukrin Gold for crispy cookies, bake 18-19 minutes.***
Take the trays out of the oven and let the cookies cool down completely, about 30-40 minutes. Do not attempt to lift the cookies up as they'll crumble apart! Let them cool completely and then they'll be solid. Sugar free cookies always need to cool down as they're always too soft to pick up right out of the oven.Once cooled, enjoy with some cold almond milk!
Note 1: You can try to use lard or palm shortening for a dairy free version, but I really recommend butter for better results. Coconut oil will not work.
Note 2: If you want CRISPY cookies and not chewy, use 6 tablespoon (90g) of Lakanto Gold or 1/2 cup (80g) of Sukrin Gold.
Note 3: You can try to use an equal amount of sunflower seed flour instead of almond flour to make nut free cookies. It's usually a 1-1 replacement.
- Make sure to use room temperature butter and eggs! Cold butter will not mix well with the sweeteners and flours and cold eggs will harden the batter.
- Don't open the oven while the cookies are baking. Make sure they bake for at least 14 minute before taking a sneak peak. Opening the oven door will let all that heat escape and the cookies won't be evenly cooked.
- Don't leave out the xanthan gum, it helps the cookies keep their shape. You can replace it with guar gum if you don't have any xanthan gum.
- Use a mix of allulose and Sukrin Gold for chewy cookies and only use Sukrin Gold for crispy cookies.
- Instead of butter you could use lard or shortening, but I highly recommend using butter for better results. Don't use coconut oil, the cookies will just melt away.
- Instead of almond flour, you can try using an equal amount of sunflower seed flour for a nut free version, it's usually a 1-1 replacement with almond flour.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.97g | Protein: 2.67g | Fat: 12.92g | Saturated Fat: 5.39g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.26g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.68g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 3.4g | Sugar: 0.52g | NET CARBS: 1.57g