Low Carb Keto Taco Soup Recipe
A super creamy, cheesy and delicious taco soup topped with your favorite toppings!
Servings 8 people
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ground beef or ground pork, ground chicken
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- 10 white mushrooms 1 package
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 cups diced tomatoes 1 can
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Dice the onion, mince the garlic and slice the mushrooms. Shred the cheddar cheese.
In a large pot, add the avocado oil and heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until tender.
Add the ground beef and cook 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and taco seasoning. Cook another minute until the mushrooms are soft.
Add the cream cheese and mix it all with the meat. Mix until it's completely melted. Do not add the rest of the ingredients until the cream cheese is completely melted.
Add in the tomatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper and put to a boil. Once the soup is boiling add the heavy cream and stir well. Let cook for another 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the cheddar cheese in batches while stirring. When the cheese is all melted, the soup is ready to serve!Top with your favorite toppings.
Crock Pot Keto Taco Soup
For the crock pot taco soup, you'll want to brown the beef beforehand. Once the ground beef is cooked through, just add all of the ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 2.5-3 hours.After that, you'll only need to mix everything with a spoon and the slow cooker taco soup will be done!
Instant Pot Taco Soup
If you'd like to use your Instant Pot, you'll brown the onions, garlic and meat in the Instant Pot on sautee. You'll then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well together. Close the lid, put it on manual and select 6 minutes. Let it come to pressure, cook the 6 minutes and then let the pot sit for 15 minutes. Do a quick release, taste the soup and add salt if needed.
- Make sure that the cream cheese is completely melted and perfectly mixed with the ground beef before adding the tomatoes and chicken broth. This will ensure that you don't have chunks of cream cheese in your taco soup.
- Make sure to turn off the heat before adding the cheddar cheese in. When the heat is turned on, cheddar cheese tends to clump together and it's harder to mix together.
- Instead of chicken broth, you can use beef broth or vegetable broth.
- Instead of ground beef, you can use ground pork, ground chicken, pulled pork, pulled beef, or pulled chicken.
- Instead of canned tomatoes, you can use fresh tomatoes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.49g | Protein: 21.84g | Fat: 33.6g | Saturated Fat: 17.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.15g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10.31g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 1291mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 3.08g | NET CARBS: 5.69g