Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 02:44 am
I’ve always loved stuffed chicken breast as you can stuff them with literally anything and they will taste amazing! I ordered some fresh basil last week so I wanted to use it, preferably with my goat cheese. I decided to make some stuffed chicken breasts filled with goat cheese, fresh basil, and sun-dried tomatoes. I served this chicken with some steamed broccoli!
Next time I think I’ll try stuffing them with some swiss chard and maybe mozzarella and tomatoes? The possibilities are endless! These breasts will be going in my lunch tomorrow, so can’t wait!! This is the perfect dinner or lunch that is Keto friendly because it’s extremely low-carb! As usual, this recipe is low-carb, low-calorie, and gluten-free!
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Basil, Goat & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 skinless chicken breast (about 1kg)
- 16 leaves basil
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Make an incision in each chicken breast to stuff them later.
- Stuff each breast with 4 basil leaves, 3 sun-dried tomatoes, and 2 tbsp of goat cheese.
- Close them with some toothpicks.
- Add the olive oil to a cast iron skillet and heat.
- Add the breasts and sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Cook each breast 5 minutes on each side to give them a nice golden crispy colour.
- Add the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until a temperature of 65C/150F or more registers on a thermometer inserted in the middle of the breast.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut the cooled chicken breast into thick slices and serve hot! Serve with some steamed veggies like broccoli or carrots.