I bought a spiralizer some months ago and I’m telling you, it was one of the best purchases I’ve ever bought! It doesn’t really matter what brand you use, they all have the same type of blades and they all look the same. I bought a no brand name one from Amazon and it hasn’t failed me once. What I love about these, is that they can make any salad, soup, pasta look amazing. Spiralizing vegetables is so easy and really fun. I like to experiment with different veggies or fruit and see what combination I can come up with.
I decided to use my avocado oil and cilantro dressing from my previous post to make this salad. The flavours of the veggies and the sauce combine perfectly. I found that adding the apple and raisins added that little sweetness that the salad needed. For the salad dressing you can choose to use the cold-pressed avocado oil, or you can simply use olive oil.
Spiralized Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- Slice the stems off the zucchini, cucumber, and apple. Peel the carrot.
- Using a spiralizer or spiral vegetable slicer, slice the all the vegetables into noodles and transfer to a large bowl. You can either discard the cores or add them to the salad.
- With a cabbage shredder, shred the red cabbage and add to the bowl.
- Add the lime juice over the vegetables so that they don't lose their colour.
- On a cutting board, thinly chop the almonds with your knife.
- Pour the salad dressing over the vegetable noodles and cover with the raisins and chopped almonds. Mix everything.
This salad can be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
For the dressing, you can either use cold-pressed avocado oil or olive oil.