As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
One of my favourite all time meals have always been stuffed chicken breasts. No matter what way you stuff them, they're always guaranteed to be amazing. My favourite recipe in my gluten eating days were Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast made with a cream gravy thickened with flour or corn starch. Obviously, I don't make anything with flour or corn starch anymore so I decided to ketofy this recipe because it's one of my ultimate favourite! The creamy gravy goes extremely well with the melted feta cheese and spinach!
One similar recipe I have already on the blog are my stuffed chicken breasts with basil, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. This keto spanakopita stuffed chicken recipe is also similar as it's stuffed with feta cheese and spinach. I bet that if I were to put the cream gravy sauce with those breasts, it would be unbelievable! I love the creaminess of goat cheese so paired with this cream gravy and the sun-dried tomatoes, it would even be better! In this recipe, I used three chicken breasts but I made it 4 servings. One chicken breast is extremely filling and I could barely finish one myself so four servings seemed more appropriate.
This cream gravy is amazing drizzled on any vegetables, pieces of meat or even low carb bread! It would be heavenly if poured over my Creamy Keto Mashed Cauliflower! For the gravy, you will need to use some xanthan gum to thicken it, but you could also use arrowroot or tapioca starch, guar gum or even cream cheese if you wanted. Just don't add too much or you'll end up with a gooey jelly mess! The first time I used xanthan gum, I didn't know you only needed a little bit like a quarter teaspoon or a bit more, but ended up putting like 2 tablespoons and it was the most horrible sauce ever!! So definitely be careful! If you notice the gravy hasn't thickened with the half teaspoon, just add ¼ more teaspoon at a time. A little goes a long way!
Keto Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, cover with saran wrap, and hit with a rolling pin or a meat pounder to stretch them out. Peel off the saran wrap and sprinkle the ½ tsp of salt and pepper all over the breasts.
- Mince the garlic cloves. In a bowl, combine the feta cheese, wilted spinach and cloves. Mix together. Separate the mixture into 3 portions for the 3 chicken breasts.
- Place the spinach and feta mixture in the middle of each breast and roll them up. Close the breasts with the help of tooth picks.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet and place the breasts inside. Grill on all sides for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken bouillon to the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat, flipping the breasts halfway through.
- Take the breasts out of the chicken bouillon and place on a cutting board. Carefully remove the tooth picks (it's piping hot so watch your fingers). Add the heavy cream to the chicken broth and put to boil. Once boiling, sprinkle in the xanthan gum and black pepper and whisk vigorously until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Once thickened, add the chicken breasts back to the cream gravy and sprinkle in the chopped parsley. The breasts are now ready to eat and enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.