The weather has been getting hotter by the minute here in Japan. We’ve been getting days in the higher 20s and lower 30s and I just feel like going swimming in the ocean! I think Japanese people would look at me pretty weird if I did go swimming during this time of year…They only swim in August! I think it’s because it’s getting so hot that I’ve been feeling like eating cold treats, like ice cream. I’ve been buying too many bananas these past few weeks and so I had to freeze a bunch of them before they went bad.
I really like making ice cream with bananas because it makes it so creamy and smooth just like the real thing! By adding strong flavoured fruits like berries, it slightly erases the banana flavour and transforms the ice cream into a one fruit gelato. For this ice cream, I added frozen raspberries and it tasted just like a raspberry gelato or sorbet! You don’t even need to add any sugar, eggs, or cow dairy because the bananas hold everything together and make it really sweet!
Dairy, Egg & Sugar-free Raspberry Ice Cream
- 4 frozen bananas cut into chunks
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 6 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk, cashew milk
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- *If your ingredients aren't blending very well, add 1 more tbsp of milk at a time until combined perfectly.
- You can either eat right away or freeze some or all for a later use in an air-tight tupperware! P.S. I like to add a bit of saran wrap over the ice cream so that ice shards don't form.