Cravings. Those are a real thing and are extremely hard to beat. If you ever start a low carb diet, you’ll notice the first few weeks that you tend to crave a whole lot of carbs ranging from cakes to bread or pasta. This is completely common as your body just needs to adjust to eating low carb. The cravings usually disappear after a few weeks and you can continue your low carb diet. Eating low carb, it’s important to get plenty of healthy fats into your diet. These can come from avocado, butter, animals, oil and so on. Eating a good amount of fat throughout the day can keep you feeling full and this helps stop binge eating. I decided to make myself some fat bombs that are hassle free and that I can grab one whenever. These Raspberry Almond Chocolate Fat Bombs are perfect when you deserve a nice treat 🙂
You can think of these as mini chocolate bars that you can customize with anything you want. For this recipe I decided to make them using coconut butter and almond butter and topped it with some chopped almonds, walnuts and frozen raspberries.
These bars are entirely sweetened with stevia powder and give the perfect sweetness to the chocolate. I chose to use frozen raspberries in this recipe because when I microwaved them, their juices squeezed out and I poured it all over the raw chocolate, which in turn infused the chocolate flavour with the sweet raspberry juices!
Raspberry Almond Chocolate Fat Bombs
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut butter, almond butter, stevia powder and cocoa powder.
- Chop the almonds and walnuts.
- Microwave the raspberries for 40-60 seconds.
- Place some parchment paper over a square pan and pour the chocolate butter inside. Sprinkle the nuts over and cover with the melted raspberries.
- Place in the freezer for minimum one hour to freeze. Take it out and break it into 8 pieces (or more if you want smaller portions). Always keep frozen. You can transfer the chocolate pieces to a tupperware after it's frozen.
If your coconut butter is frozen due to the cold weather, microwave it before use until it's runny.