As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 06:01 am
The latest trend on Instagram has all been about avocado bun burgers and you know what? It’s a fabulous idea!!! I couldn’t wait to try one out for myself as they’re basically the perfect healthy fat bombs and are absolutely ideal for a low carb diet. You can make so many different versions, either for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These bad boys fill you right up so you don’t need to worry about eating anything else. The best part is that they don’t take that much time to prepare!
For today’s recipe, I chose to go with some delicious classic ingredients that can be eaten anytime during the day! This avocado bun features wilted spinach, prosciutto ham, mushroom and brie! I added a bit of sesame seeds to copy burger buns.
Everyone wonders how you should eat it, with a fork and knife, or with your hands? I chose to go with the fork option because it’s way less messy that way. I like to season my avocado a bit with salt and pepper before actually making the sandwich so that way the avocado can have a little bit of flavour.
I added the brie over some hot mushrooms sauteed in butter and it melted just enough for the perfect picture. Including prosciutto in this ‘burger’ was a great idea as it went so well with the avocado and brie. If you ever want to impress you guests at dinner, this is the way to go! I really got to give props to whoever created this genius idea. I’m in low carb heaven right now and will probably make this a few times this week to satisfy my avocado bun cravings!!!
Prosciutto & Brie Avocado Bun
- Put some water to boil in a small pot and add the spinach. Cook until wilted. Drain and squeeze out the water.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and place in a pan with the butter. Cook until soft, sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper over.
- Lay the avocado on its side, horizontally, and cut it right in the middle making sure you're not cutting it in an awkward angle.
- Once it's cut, carefully remove the seed and carefully spoon out the flesh.Cut the bottom of one avocado so that it can stand on its own on the plate. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over both.
- Place your bottom avocado bun on the plate you wish to serve your food, cover with the wilted spinach, prosciutto, mushrooms and 2 slices of brie. Top with the top avocado bun and sprinkle some white sesame seeds over the 'burger'. Your avocado bun is now ready to be enjoyed!!
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.