Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 02:50 am
In one of my weekly organic vegetable box, I received some beautiful asparagus so I decided to make some pork-wrapped asparagus! I think the easiest thing to do, especially when you’re busy and don’t have time to cook for a long time, is to wrap them in some fresh bacon slices and cook them. I just sprinkled them with some salt, black pepper and fresh rosemary!
What I love about this dish is that it can be used for anything! As a side for breakfast, lunch or dinner, these delicious asparagus will fulfill those cravings of yours! Moreover, this side dish is extremely low carb, 3.52g net carbs, so this is perfect for a keto diet!
- 28 spears asparagus about 600g
- 250 g bacon about 14 slices
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cut the stems off the asparagus.
- Slice the bacon slices in half in order to get 28 pieces.
- Wrap the bacon around each asparagus spear.
- Turn the asparagus around and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
No oil needed as the bacon will cook itself in its own juice!
Get the equipment used here:
Lodge L8SK3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Skillet, 10.25-inch