As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 02:46 am
Did you know that supermarkets here in Japan don’t normally sell whole chickens if it’s not Christmas time? I had to go to a high-end butcher shop and order this bird in! And it took a whole month for them to get one for me! Well, it was definitely worth the wait because I’ve been wanting to make this beautiful bird for a while! I stuffed it with different types of mushrooms just under the chicken breast’ skin. I coated it with garlic, rosemary and olive oil.
I just got myself a cast iron skillet so I was really excited to use it!! I remember eating this recipe some years ago from Jamie Oliver, but this time I decided to change it a little. I didn’t want to use thyme and lemon like his recipe, but rosemary and garlic. I also used almond flour instead of the breadcrumbs because I wanted this chicken to be gluten-free. I like a lot of mushrooms in this dish because they turn out soooo good! The best stuffing ever!
Keto Paleo Mushroom Stuffed Roast Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Dice the onion and all of the mushrooms. Thinly slice the garlic cloves.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the diced onions, mushrooms and half the garlic cloves inside the skillet, sprinkle 1 tsp of the salt and pepper and cook until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and add the egg and almond flour. Mix well together. Take one of the rosemary sprigs and strip off the needles and mix them to the bowl.
- Add your bird to the skillet, breast side up.
- Lift the skin off the breast and stuff the breast with 3/4 of the mushroom stuffing. Make sure to stuff all the way (there is surprisingly lots of space beneath the skin of the breasts).
- Brush the 3 tbsp of olive oil over the chicken. Add half of the garlic slices over the chicken and and rosemary. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the salt and coarse pepper over the chicken.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes.
- Add the last 1/4 of the mushroom stuffing inside the skillet around the chicken. Bake another 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve while it's hot!
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.