A while ago I had posted a recipe for some low-carb pigs in a blanket and so I thought I would show you that you could also make pizza with this same dough! I made a low-carb gluten-free pizza using the popular fathead dough! I’m not sure if all-dressed pizza is common in the US, but in Quebec this is probably the most popular type of pizza. All-dressed means to basically put every topping over a pizza, but it’s actually just 3 ingredients: pepperoni, green peppers and mushrooms, but I added some onions too! If you order an all-dressed pizza in Quebec, traditionally you will usually get a LOT of pepperoni, about 1-2cm thick of pepperoni. They then cover it with lots of cheese and then top it with the green peppers and mushrooms.
You can do any type of pizza toppings using this crust. I used the marinara sauce from my chicken parmigiana recipe, but you can use any type of tomato sauce you have on hand 🙂 Just make sure there aren’t any added sugars to the sauce or else the carb count will get higher! Try to eat some of this pizza with a side salad or a soup. The carb count of this pizza is quite low, but it can get high-calorie if you add more toppings or eat more than 1 portion!
Low-carb Gluten-free All-dressed Pizza
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 green pepper
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 6 mushrooms
- 1/4 onion
- 120 g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Slice the green pepper, mushrooms and onion. Shred the 120g mozzarella cheese.
- Shred the 170g mozzarella into a microwave-safe bowl and add the cream cheese. Place in microwave and microwave for 1 minute. Take out of the microwave and mix with a silicone spatula. Place back in the microwave and heat 30 more seconds. This should fully melt the cheese. Add the egg to the cheese mixture and mix until the egg has been mixed together completely.Add the almond flour, salt and rosemary mix together until a dough forms.
- Add a long piece of parchment paper over a baking tray to cover.
- Place the dough over the paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Roll into desired pizza shape. ( I make 2 pizzas with the 1 dough and put it on 2 separate baking trays) Peel the parchment paper off and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, spoon the marinara sauce over the pizza and sprinkle the 120g mozzarella cheese over. Cover with the pepperoni slices, mushrooms, green peppers and onions. Bake 10 minutes or until the ingredients are fully cooked through and the cheese is melted.
If using raw bacon as a topping, make sure to precook it because it won't be in the oven long enough to cook through.