Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 06:05 am
Deliciousness overload. That is what this salad is all about. I looked in my fridge one day and decided to use a whole bunch of ingredients and make it into a salad. That’s why I decided to call it the Loaded Chicken Salad. I literally loaded it with leftover ingredients and it was fantastic!! I decided to use some baby spinach instead of lettuce because I felt like it would go better with the dressing.
If you’ve read some of my previous blog posts, I mentioned that I was moving! I haven’t even started to unpack as my house is a complete mess right now. I just moved yesterday and there are boxes everywhere!! I feel a little overwhelmed at the moment and I think I’ll be taking my time unpacking and arranging my furniture and what not. Last week, I went to my best friend’s wedding and the day I came back, I received the keys to my new apartment. Luckily, I had a couple of recipes that I had already shot so I can upload a few here and that’ll give me time to unpack my kitchen!
I actually made this recipe a few months ago and it’s just been sitting on my SD card for the past few months. Last night, while I was browsing through my pictures, I remembered that I hadn’t uploaded this recipe and completely forgotten about it! I remember when I first made this salad, I was really excited because it was a time when I had recently found some artichoke hearts. I have never seen artichokes in Japan and so I usually do most of my shopping for special ingredients on iherb.com or Amazon. I found these marinated artichoke hearts and I like to use them in simple salads as they add lots of flavour and are so delicious! I also love that they only use natural ingredients!
Loaded Chicken Salad
- 1 boneless chicken breast (about 300g, with or without skin)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 100 g mozzarella balls
- 1 large tomato (any colour)
- 1 har artichoke hearts (my jar was 170g)
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 asparagus
- 20 leaves basil
- 4 cups baby spinach (I used about 200g)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch Himalayan salt
- pinch black pepper
- Peel and dice the avocado. Slice the red onion. Dice the tomato. Pile the basil leaves together, roll them up and slice. Cut the stems off the asparagus and slice in half. Mince the garlic.
- Slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise. Sprinkle the 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper on each sides. Heat the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron skillet and place the chicken breasts in. Fry on each side, about 3 minutes each side, until they have a nice golden brown colour and cooked through. Add the asparagus beside the chicken breasts and cook a few minutes until soft and grilled. Take out the chicken and slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon, and salt & peper.
- Add the baby spinach to a large bowl or plate. Cover with the grilled chicken, avocado, mozzarella, tomatoes, artichoke, red onions, asparagus and basil leaves. Pour the dressing over and enjoy!
Lodge L10SK3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-Inch
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.