In my last post I mentioned that my rosemary was finally ready to harvest from my garden, but I hadn’t mentioned that I had multiple vegetables growing in there! This year I decided to plant some radishes and lettuce for the first time. I was surprised at how quickly they grew, as it only took about 5 weeks for them to be ready. I plucked the leaves around the head of the lettuce so that it can keep on growing and making more leaves. I actually planted a bit too many radish seeds and now have about 50-100 radishes that are ready to harvest…I will probably need to bring some to work and give them to my co-workers or something haha.
I’ve always loved to make salads with radish slices, but tonight I felt like eating something different. While I was writing my blog on the Rosemary Lemon Salmon & Shrimp, my co-worker started to tell me that he wanted to eat tacos or tostadas tonight. This made me crave them too, which is why I decided to make some tonight. I got discharged from the hospital 2 days ago and I’m still walking in crutches so I didn’t feel like making homemade GF tortillas as standing for a long time hurts my knee, so I decided to make a healthier and quicker version by using lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. It was perfect timing as my lettuce was ready and produced big beautiful green leaves.
With tostadas in my mind, I went to the supermarket and decided to make tostadas with my radishes and some shrimp. I decided to go with light ingredients and seasoning and they blended nicely together 🙂 In this recipe I also used the leaves from the radishes! I always add them to salads as it adds a nice leafy flavour.
Wrap-free Shrimp Tostadas
- Peel the shrimps. Mince the garlic.
- In a small frying pan, melt the ghee. Add the garlic and shrimp. Sautee on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Place in a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the radish and green onions. Dice the avocados and tomatoes. Chop the the cilantro and radish leaves. Add to the bowl with the shrimps.
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut the stems off the lettuce leaves and place in plate. Cover each lettuce leaves with the shrimp medley.