Last updated on July 30th, 2018 at 09:17 pm
This decadent and creamy Triple Chocolate Cheesecake will make all of your dreams come true. No need for sugar or gluten with this amazing recipe.
The Most Amazing Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
I think I always say this about all of my cheesecake recipes, but I am pretty sure I have gone to heaven and back with this recipe. This death by chocolate cheesecake is on a whole other level. It’s definitely the BEST cheesecake I’ve ever made. It is so dense, creamy, and so chocolatey. Once you make this recipe, you’ll never go back to any other recipes!
I’ve always loved eating Nutella, that hazelnut chocolate spread, and so wanted to make a keto chocolate cheesecake inspired by it. I thought of using my Sugar Free Nutella recipe for this recipe, but I decided I’d make a cheesecake that had hazelnuts, chocolate and a healthy sugar substitute instead.
The crust is made with crushed hazelnuts, cocoa powder, butter and stevia powder. For the triple chocolate cheesecake part, I did a three layer kind of cake, where I layered three different coloured chocolate cheesecake batter. So I put some light chocolate batter, then medium coloured and then dark chocolate coloured in my cheesecake pan.
You can see in the pictures that the top is more dark in colour and the bottom is more light in colour. I wanted my cheesecake to be a sort of chocolate ombre. It’s a Triple Chocolate Cheesecake because the crust is chocolate, the cheesecake has three layers of chocolate and it is covered with an intense dark chocolate ganache.
Sugar Free Chocolate Ganache Icing
For this entire keto chocolate cheesecake recipe, I decided to use unsweetened baking chocolateinstead of Lily’s chocolate chips because I wanted to lessen the carb load. I sweetened the chocolate with a combination of stevia powder and erythritol. Unsweetened baking chocolate can be bought in any baking stores or online. It’s usually an equal combination of cocoa butter and cocoa beans with no added sugar.
This chocolate ganache icing is incredibly easy. You only need to melt a few baking chocolate pebbles with a little bit of coconut oil and add your sweetener of choice. I decided to use stevia because I didn’t want to add too much to keep it a little bit bitter. The cheesecake itself is pretty sweet so I thought a dark chocolate icing over it would be perfect.
Pop that little mix in the microwave and you have a simple icing ready to be poured over any dessert. Just keep in mind that the chocolate ganache icing needs to be kept in the cold for it to solidify. Once your poor it over your cake, it’ll cool down and harden within minutes since the cheesecake will be cold.
The BEST Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
I topped the keto chocolate cheesecake with some hazelnuts which I crushed using my Blendtec for a few seconds. This cake was also baked at a low temperature in a water bath to ensure that it wouldn’t crack. I usually bake all of my cheesecakes in a water bath, I find they turn out much better than any other recipe I’ve tried.
I also decided to add some parchment paper all around the spring form pan so that it would be easier to take out. I don’t usually do this because it always leaves marks on the cheesecake, which I don’t think are very aesthetically pleasing.
I think that cheesecakes are one of my strongest points when it comes to baking. They have always been one of my favourite desserts and I love sharing my recipes with all of you. If you like New York Style Cheesecakes, you must try my Keto New York Cheesecake which is topped with an amazing layer of chocolate. Additionally, I also have a larger Sugar Free Cheesecake topped with a homemade Sugar Free Caramel Sauce!
If you’re feeling quite adventurous and want to try baking another chocolate cake, you must try my Low Carb Chocolate Birthday Cake. It has four layers of chocolate sponge, is filled with a raspberry cream and coated in a vanilla buttercream icing!
Keto Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F. Wrap the bottom of a 9” springform pan with aluminum foil.
- In a food processor, add all of the crust ingredients and pulse for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until the crust is all crumbly. Take it out of the food processor and add the crust to an 9'' springform pan. Press with your hands until the whole bottom has been covered with the crust.
- In a large bowl, add the unsweetened baking chocolate. Add the erythritol to the chocolate. Heat the heavy cream either on the stove or in the microwave until hot and bubbly.Pour in the hot cream over the chocolate in batches and mix with a whisk. Mix until all of the chocolate has melted. The batter should be just a little thick. It will also look like the milk and oil are separating, but not to worry!Separate the chocolate into three bowls in a ratio of 3:2:1. For example, the first bowl should have 3 spoons of chocolate, the 2nd bowl should have 2 spoons of chocolate and the 3rd bowl should have 1 spoon of chocolate. Set aside. Add 1/4 tsp of stevia into each bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and sour cream. Whip with a hand mixer until nice and creamy. Add the 1/2 tsp of stevia and the eggs, one at a time until nicely incorporated.
- Now, separate the cream cheese filling into the chocolate bowls in a ratio of 1:2:3. The 1st chocolate bowl had 3 spoons of chocolate, so add 1 spoon of cream cheese that that one. This is the dark chocolate layer.The 2nd bowl had 2 spoons of chocolate so add an equal amount of cream cheese. This is the medium chocolate layer. The 3rd bowl had 1 spoon of chocolate so add 3 spoons of cream cheese. This is the light chocolate layer.
- Mix each bowl separately with a hand mixer. The batter will be pretty thick in each bowl.
- Pour the light chocolate layer into the cheesecake mold over the chocolate crust. Pour the 2nd medium layer over the light layer and spread around. Pour the 3rd dark chocolate layer over the medium one and spread evenly.
- Prepare a tall oven-proof tray and add 2-3 (1") of water. Carefully place your aluminum-wrapped cheesecake into the water and place into the oven. Bake for 90 minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven and out of the water tray and let cool completely. Once cooled, place it in the fridge to cool down overnight.
The next day: Chocolate Ganache
- Add your hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse for a few seconds just to crush them into a few pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add the baking chocolate, coconut oil and stevia. Add it to the microwave and microwave for 1-1:30 minute until the chocolate has all melted. Mix with a spoon and make sure there are no lumps. If the chocolate isn't melted yet, put it back in the microwave to melt for a few more seconds.
- Take the cheesecake out of the springform pan. Place on the plate or cake stand of your choice.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the whole cheesecake and spread it evenly all the way to the sides so that it can run down the cake and make some delicious looking drips.
- Sprinkle the crushed hazelnuts all over the cheesecake. It is now ready to serve!
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO (must disable adblocker)
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.