Last updated on September 2nd, 2017 at 12:13 pm
When I used to be a university student in Ottawa, I used to eat Shawarma. Ottawa is known to be Shawarma city as there are Shawarma restaurants literally every corner of the city. My favourite part of shawarma had always been the chicken and the garlic sauce. I miss eating that sauce so I thought I’d make my own simple version that used healthier ingredients.
I was thinking about what would taste good with it, obviously chicken, but what type of chicken dish I could make. Then I remembered that I had recently saw some yummy cheesy chicken fritters recipe and wanted to try to make my own version!
I’ve been uploading lots of dairy recipes these days and am always asked for some dairy-free ones so I thought I’d make a dairy-free version of these chicken fritters! I have some fresh rosemary in my little garden so I decided to make rosemary flavoured fritters. They were amazing with my dipping sauce! It really reminded me of chicken shawarma!
Because I didn’t add any cheese to this recipe, they tend to break apart easily so I would be careful when cooking them! But even without cheese, these are absolutely delicious!! In fact, they can be a bit addicting so I’d be careful! They are quite low in calories and carbs so they can be added to lunches or dinners as a side dish easily!
Keto Paleo Chicken Fritters
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mince the red onion, garlic and rosemary. Mix all of the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Dice your chicken breasts and add it to a bowl.
- Mince the garlic. Thinly slice the red onions. Add all of the chicken fritters ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly until it's a bit pasty.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. With a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop the chicken batter and gently place onto the frying pan forming a small 10cm circle. Repeat this step with the rest of the batter. You should have 8 fritters.
- Place the lid on the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove the lid and CAREFULLY flip the fritters. *Cover with the lid once more and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Take off the heat and serve with the yummy dipping sauce!
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.