As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
This recipe is actually a 2-part recipe that I decided to upload. I just uploaded a recipe for a Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken made in a [easyazon_link identifier="B008MWXBVI" locale="US" tag="mypcoskitchen-20"]4.25QT Staub Cocotte[/easyazon_link] and by using the leftovers from the chicken carcass and vegetables, I made a wonderful bone broth! The ingredients for this bone broth are so simple and the broth comes out so flavourful! This made about 6-8 cups of broth for me so I froze half of it in some silicone muffin cups!
Check out the recipe for the Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken here!
Keto Paleo Bone Broth
- Once your roast chicken is cooked, take it out of the dutch oven and you'll be left with some really soft veggie scraps and a bit of chicken juice. DO NOT throw this away. We will use this to make an AMAZING bone broth.
- Once you have carved all of the meat from the chicken carcass, put back all of the bones into the dutch oven over the veggies.
- Add water to the dutch oven just until the bones are covered. I personally added about 2L. Cover with the lid and place the dutch oven back into the 190C/375F oven for 3 hours. For a 1kg bird, 3 hours is fine. If you used a 2kg bird, I would cook it for 4 hours.
- After it's been cooking in the oven for 3 hours, take it out of the oven. Remove the big pieces (bones and veggies) with a pair of tongues and strain. Take the dutch oven and empty it through a strainer.
- Take those veggies and bones again and put them in a cheesecloth. You want to squeeze as much juice as you can from these! All the flavour is in the veggies so squeeze away! *You may want to let the broth cool down first as it'll be piping hot!*
- After you've squeezed out all of the liquid from the bones and veggies, you can discard them.
- You are then left with delicious homemade bone broth!
- Keep whatever you want to drink this week in a jar in the fridge.
- You can freeze the leftover broth in some ice cubes or in some silicone muffin cups for a later use.
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.