Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 05:55 am
I’ve been obsessed with meals that include radishes the past few weeks. I’ve been adding them to everything, from stir-fries, roasts, salads or even soups! I had a few leftovers ones and I was originally thinking of frying them up in some bacon for a quick meal, but I feeling quite hungry so I decided to add a few pieces of chicken thighs and make it a quick and filling meal!
If you’re just starting out a low carb diet or even just a paleo diet, you know that eating potatoes are pretty high carb and it’s best to avoid them. By substituting the potatoes for radishes, you can get the same type of flavours with some crunchiness too! I like using radishes or turnips in different meals, but turnips are more high in carbs. Whenever you cook radishes, you’ll also notice that they start to lose their colours, perfectly normal. I think my favourite way to eat them is probably along with some fried bacon! Deliciousness right there!
Whenever you feel rush for time, or you don’t want to break the bank, you should definitely try roasting or grilling some radishes! It’ll be a game changer. You can also try adding them to soup! Super healthy and delicious 🙂 I recommend using a cast iron skillet to grill everything as it will cook all of the meat equally and give everything a nice grilled colour!
Grilled Chicken, Bacon & Radishes
- 10 slices bacon (about 150g raw)
- 15 radishes (230g)
- 2 boneless chicken thighs with skin (300g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- pinch Himalayan salt
- pinch black pepper
- Slice the radishes in half. Thinly slice the garlic. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Cut the bacon into 2cm strips. Sprinkle the 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper all over the chicken pieces.
- In a 10" cast iron skillet, heat the tsp of olive oil on medium heat and add the chicken pieces, skin side down. Grill for a minute so that they start to get a nice crisp, and add the bacon all around. Start frying for a few minutes and when the bacon is all cooked (not crispy), add the sliced radishes and garlic. Sprinkle the rosemary over everything and fry until the bacon is crispy, for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper over everything and top with the chopped parsley.
Lodge L10SK3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-Inch
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.