I think that Greek salads are one of my favourite salads on earth. It’s not because of the cheese, but the olives! I think it’s my inner Italian roots that come out. Do any of you have any food that you just can’t stop eating? Me, it’s olives. I’d pass on cake, ice cream, or chocolate any day if you gave me olives. So this salad is something that I really enjoy eating 🙂 I’ve already mentioned that I eat dairy, but only from Jersey cows, goat and sheep. A greek salad usually consists of feta cheese, so make sure you use either use Jersey cow feta, or sheep/goat feta cheese! You could, if you want, skip the cheese altogether since this salad is good either way!
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 20 kamalata olives
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 50 g feta cheese
- 1/2 head red leaf lettuce
For the dressing
- Mince the garlic clove.
- In a small bowl, mix in the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, stevia powder, and salt and pepper.
For the salad
- Peel the red onion and slice rings. Cube the cucumber and slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Cover your salad bowl with shredded red leaf lettuce.
- Place the onions, cucumber, tomatoes, olives over the lettuce.
- Crumble the feta cheese over everything.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad.