Last updated on April 3rd, 2019 at 03:03 am
I don’t eat beef very often, maybe once every 2 months, but there was a huge sale on the beef pieces and I couldn’t help myself but buy a big piece of flank steak. I have recently harvested so much arugula and radishes that I needed to make a salad with them. This year is actually my first time planting vegetables and so I didn’t realize that one seed made one radish. I essentially dumped the whole pack of seeds into the earth and now I have a bit too many radishes on my hands. I also over-planted my arugula which is why it didn’t grow very large. I harvested half of it so hopefully the other half can grow bigger.
I actually bought some goat cheese the other day for another recipe, but I decided to use half of it for this recipe. Goat cheese goes so well with this salad and vinaigrette so I was glad I had some on hand. I usually buy my cheese at this foreign foods store down in Tokyo, but they didn’t have the creamy goat cheese on hand so I bought the camembert type of goat cheese. Either way, they’re both excellent versions.
I find that a balsamic vinaigrette always compliments beef so well so I decided to make an easy vinaigrette using the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, and honey. I added some cherry tomatoes and green onions to the salad for added colours.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did and let me know how it turned out!
Flank Steak & Chèvre Arugula Salad
- 8 cups arugula (loose)
- 20 cherry tomatoes (or 2 large tomatoes)
- 4 large radishes
- 100 g goat cheese
- 4 stems green onions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Peel the garlic and crush it with a knife.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the steak. Cut your steak into 2 pieces if it doesn't fit in your pan or grill.
- Add the ghee to a large frying pan or grill pan, and heat on medium heat.
- Place the garlic cloves and rosemary inside the pan. Add the flank steak.
- Cook 5 minutes on both sides while pouring the garlic/rosemary ghee over the steak.
- Take out of pan and place on a cutting board. Slice it into long slices.
- Thinly slice the radish and green onions.
- Add the arugula to a large bowl or plate and cover with the sliced steak, radishes, tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, and green onions.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over the entire salad and enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.