I’ve been working on a meal plan for you ladies for the past couple of weeks and I was having trouble deciding what I should make for 2 meals that were missing. I didn’t want to make salad, salmon or chicken again so I decided to go with some grilled shrimps and cauliflower rice. I’ll be uploading the shrimps in a separate recipe because I feel that the cauliflower needed its own recipe page! I decided to make some garlic cilantro lime cauliflower rice using a cauliflower that I bought from a little farming community in my neighborhood. I find that most recipes for cilantro lime rice don’t add enough garlic, so I made sure that my rice had a good amount so that you could actually taste the garlic.
If you’re ever feel like eating rice, just know that you can always substitute it for cauliflower! It’s funny because I used to only eat raw cauliflower with a ranch dip whenever I went to my grandparents house all my life. I never really realized that cauliflower had so many uses until I started cooking gluten-free! You can use it for casseroles, mashed ”potatoes”, rice, pizza crust, and so on! I’ve already uploaded a fried cauliflower rice recipe here that you can check out if you feel like eating some Asian food.
I really love cauliflower because it guarantees that you’re dish will be low-carb and low-calorie! I find that a medium-sized cauliflower is enough to give you 2 portions and fill you up! This cauli rice only has 230 calories and 15.7g net carbs per serving.
Cilantro Cauliflower Lime Rice
- Add the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice.
- Mince garlic cloves and dice the onions. Chop the green onions and cilantro.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and sautee the onions and garlic until soft. Add the cauliflower rice and sautee for 3 minutes. Add the chopped green onions, salt, pepper and lime juice. Sautee until the rice is soft on the inside, but crunchy on the out (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Grate the lime peel over the rice and add the chopped cilantro. Mix everything together and turn off heat.
- Serve hot, or cold with a side of veggies, shrimp or any other type of protein!