Last updated on June 15th, 2019 at 12:37 am
I’ve been working on a meal plan for you ladies for the past couple of weeks and I was having trouble deciding what I should make for 2 meals that were missing. I didn’t want to make salad, salmon or chicken again so I decided to go with some grilled shrimps and cauliflower rice. I’ll be uploading the shrimps in a separate recipe because I feel that the cauliflower needed its own recipe page! I decided to make some garlic cilantro lime cauliflower rice using a cauliflower that I bought from a little farming community in my neighborhood. I find that most recipes for cilantro lime rice don’t add enough garlic, so I made sure that my rice had a good amount so that you could actually taste the garlic.
If you’re ever feel like eating rice, just know that you can always substitute it for cauliflower! It’s funny because I used to only eat raw cauliflower with a ranch dip whenever I went to my grandparents house all my life. I never really realized that cauliflower had so many uses until I started cooking gluten-free!
You can use it for casseroles, mashed ”potatoes”, rice, pizza crust, and so on! For more cauliflower rice recipes, this fried cauliflower rice recipe follows a basic Chinese fried rice recipe but uses cauliflower rice instead of rice and this keto beef fried rice is topped with tender pieces of sliced beef full of flavour!
I really love cauliflower because it guarantees that you’re dish will be low-carb and low-calorie! I find that a medium-sized cauliflower is enough to give you 2 portions and fill you up! This cauli rice only has 230 calories and 15.7g net carbs per serving.
Cilantro Cauliflower Lime Rice
- Add the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice.
- Mince garlic cloves and dice the onions. Chop the green onions and cilantro.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and sautee the onions and garlic until soft. Add the cauliflower rice and sautee for 3 minutes. Add the chopped green onions, salt, pepper and lime juice. Sautee until the rice is soft on the inside, but crunchy on the out (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Grate the lime peel over the rice and add the chopped cilantro. Mix everything together and turn off heat.
- Serve hot, or cold with a side of veggies, shrimp or any other type of protein!
Nutritional information is provided through calculations made on fatsecret.com. They are approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on mypcoskitchen.com. Sugar alcohols are included in the fiber count. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber (which include sugar alcohols).
All text, pictures & videos are copyright protected © by Mira Richard-Fioramore for My PCOS Kitchen.
Shares are very much appreciated, just make sure to share a link and not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites and social media is prohibited. Excerpts, single photos, and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.mypcoskitchen.com with appropriate link back to the original content.