Have you ever dreamt of an endless supply of chocolate chip cookies? What about a GIGANTIC one? Made with chocolate and bananas. Yes, you heard me right! I just made a gigantic chocolate banana cookie cake , a.k.a. a pizookie, that is gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, and low-calorie. It is also technically sugar-free, but the chocolate chips I used have evaporated cane sugar in them…If you want to cut down on the sugar, use some dark chocolate ones instead. The sweetness of the banana should equal the bitterness. If it’s not sweet enough for you, you could always add 1/2 tsp of stevia powder! If you use the Enjoy Life chocolate chips, they will be dairy-free.
The chocolate chip skillet cookie has been quite popular these days, and I too wanted to make one. Since I don’t actually own a skillet that can also go in my oven, I just used a pie mold. I wanted to make a slightly different version of the chocolate chip cookie because I wanted to use my bananas. What I love about this pizookie is that I made sure to make it low-carb and low-calorie, and it can be frozen. I usually eat a piece of it for breakfast or for a snack. Whenever my boyfriend comes over, he usually eats the whole thing and leaves me none!!
Chocolate Banana Pizookie
- Preheat the oven to 210C/410F.
Add some parchment paper to a 9 inch pie mold.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips together.
- In a separate large bowl, add a banana and mash it. Add the honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg. Mix well together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until perfectly incorporated together.
- Pour the batter into the greased pie mold and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold. Taste even better with some vanilla ice cream 🙂