Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 03:08 am
I mentioned in my previous post that I like to have some breakfasts on the go because I don’t usually have time in the morning to make a full breakfast. What I usually do instead is make things that I can grab and eat. I made these today for this week’s breakfast. They are breakfast sausage cups with some veggies and an egg in each of them.
You can add any kind of veggies you like with your eggs, but for this recipe I added some frozen spinach and broccoli. The breakfast sausage is homemade using some ground pork and a variety of spices. I made them in bigger muffin pans that make 6 muffins, but I’m sure you could make mini versions using the standard 12 muffin pan. I love making these in muffin pans because the meat gets really juicy from cooking it its on juice.
I made the sausage mix in a bowl and stuffed them in the muffin pan making sure all sides were properly coated. You don’t need to add any grease or flour to the pans because the meat won’t stick. I then added some frozen spinach and topped it with an egg. I sprinkled each cup with some chopped broccoli and some slices of mushrooms. Added a pinch of salt, pepper and baked them in the oven! Each cup only comes with 292 calories and 1.18 net carbs! You could eat 1 or 2 or with different sides like sliced avocado or fresh berries.
Sausage Breakfast Cups
- 6 eggs
- 60 g spinach frozen or fresh
- 1 large broccoli floret
- 3 mushrooms brown, shiitake, white, portobello (1/2 one
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- As needed fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- In a bowl, knead together the ground pork and all of the spices.
- Add 80g of sausage to each muffin mold. (Large 6 pieces muffin mold)
- With your hands, shape the sausage around the mold so that it becomes a cup. Make sure all sides are properly coated.
- Chop the broccoli and slice the mushrooms.
- Add 10g of spinach to each mold. Crack one egg over the spinach in each mold. Add the chopped broccoli and mushrooms to each mold. Sprinkle the salt & pepper over.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Take out of the oven and eat hot or cold!